- Overcome Poverty
- Improving education and training support for young people
- Security of livelihood for women
- Strengthening of self-help potentials
- Improving the legal status of children and adolescents for the prevention of violence, prostitution, child soldier's fate
- Support and promotion of street children and AIDS orphans
- Rebuilding of infrastructure after wars and natural disasters
Objectives of our project partner
During one week of visit in Bielefeld ten people from nine partner countries in the world defined the following basic principles of development policy in partnership:
1st Confidence: The project partners must trust each other. To respect and trust each other, it is important to know each other.
2nd Definite motivation: It is imperative to know the exact motivation of the partners, "Why help is provided or claimed?"
3rd Protection of the interests: The project ideas should be developed by the people who want to implement them. You know best what is needed.
4th Internal Control: local employees should be responsable for the monitoring of ongoing project.
5th Contact between donors and recipients: There must be regular contact between those who give and those who take.
6th Networking: Very useful and important for the South - NGO is to mutually exchange their work, their ideas and experiences. It would make sense to establish a network for the partners to exchange their experience of the Welthaus Bielefeld and other donors.
7th Political goodwill and Peace: A key requirement for any co-operation and Development.